- Chocolate Wafer Crumbs1 1/2 Cups
- Butter1/2 Cupsunsalted; melted
- Coffee ice cream1 1/2 Pints
- Heavy cream1 1/2 Cupswell chilled
- Vanilla1 Teaspoons
- Crushed Amaretti1 1/2 Cups
- Almonds1/2 Cupssliced blanched, toasted lightly
- Heavy cream1 1/2 Cups
- Dark brown sugar2/3 Cupsfirmly packed
- Bittersweet chocolate4 Ounceschopped
- Unsweetened chocolate3 Ounceschopped
- Amaretto3 Tablespoons
1) Place crumbs and butter in a bowl and stir well using a fork so that the mixture is well combined.
2) Lightly grease a springform pan (8-inch) with butter and transfer the crumbs mixture to it. Press it well to the bottom of the pan.
3) Place the crust in the freezer for about half an hour so that it becomes well-firm.
4) Spread the softened ice cream on the crust evenly and place the pan in the freezer for another half an hour so that the ice cream is firm.
5) Place cream and vanilla in a bowl and beat well using an electric beater until stiff peaks are formed.
6) Add amaretti to the mixture and mix well.
7) Now spread the mixture over the ice cream.
8) Using a rubber spatula, smooth the tops of the cake and sprinkle almonds on it.
9) Place the cake in the freezer for about 45 minutes so as to make the top firm.
10) Cover the cake with a plastic wrap and foil and place it in the freeze for at least a period of 4 hours (refrigerating overnight is a better option).
1) Place cream and brown sugar in small (but heavy) saucepan and combine the ingredients well.
2) Bring the saucepan to high heat and whisk it until the brown sugar is well dissolved.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and add unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate to it. Whisk well until the chocolate gets melted.
4) Add butter and mix well.
5) Add Amaretto and whisk well until the sauce gets smooth. Allow the sauce to cool a bit. (Make this sauce a week before you intend to use it. In that case, cover it and place it in the refrigerator. When using, reheat the chocolate over low and stir it until it becomes warm).
6) Transfer the cake to a serving plate.
7) Dip a knife in hot water and cut the cake into wedges.
8) Serve it with chocolate sauce.
Everybody loves coffee cakes. What is special about this one is the chocolate sauce with which it is served. Crunchy almonds add a lot to its creamy taste. So, next time you need to impress anyone with your cooking skills, serve him with this cake. Try to refrigerate the cake overnight so that the cake becomes well firm. You can serve it on any occasion you like; whether it’s your kid’s birthday party or if you have invited some of your friends at tea. Loved by everyone around, this easy to make cake is enough for 10 people.