- Corn Cob1
- Fresh Basil1 Cupschopped
- Bread8 Slices
- Cheese8 Slices
- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Oregano1 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1/4 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Flakes1/2 Teaspoons
- Water3 Cups
- Saltto taste
1) Remove the leaves from the corn and discard the leaves.
2) Pour water in a pan and add salt in it. Bring the pan over heat.
3) Add corn in the pan and boil it for about 20 minutes.
4) Remove the corn kernels with a knife and scrape them well. Place the seeds in a bowl.
5) Add red chili flakes, fresh basil, and black pepper in the bowl. Then add 2 tbsp of olive oil in the bowl.
6) Mix well and set the bowl aside.
7) Spray a bit of olive oil on a side of the bread. Make this side touch the metal part of the toaster. Now spread some olive oil over the other side of the bread.
8) Arrange a slice of cheese on the side that is facing you.
9) Add corn mixture over the cheese slice. Then add another cheese slice.
10) Grill the corn cheese sandwich until it’s well done.
11) Serve this delicious corn cheese toast with any of your favorite dipping sauces such as cheese dip or tomato ketchup.
Sandwiches are great to have for any evening, aren’t they? So why not try some sandwich recipe to make some toasts? This time around I have decided to come up with a perfect sandwich that combines corn and cheese – two perfectly healthy ingredients. The sandwiches carry the spice of herbs, perfect cheese texture, and the corn stuffing that makes it a treat to the taste buds. Basil, oregano, red chili flakes give a perfect spice combo to the cheese and corn. You may add some olives in the stuffing too to make it tastier and healthier. You may also add butter to give it a different taste. Some of my friends do remove out cheese, but as I like to make it Italian-style, I didn’t skip it. Fresh corn is available in many parts of the world, but in case you don’t have it, you may use canned corn instead. To make it vegan-friendly, I added cheddar cheese, but you may try adding Parmesan cheese instead. The sandwiches can also be grilled in an oven or a sandwich toaster.