- Cornmeal1 1/3 Cups
- White Sugar1 1/4 Cups
- Fresh Strawberries1 CupsSliced
- Plain Low-Fat Yogurt1/2 Cups
- All-Purpose Flour2/3 CupsUnbleached
- Unsalted Butter3/4 Cups
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven upto 175 Degrees C (350 Degrees F) and, then grease and flour one round cake pan of 9 inch.
2) In a small bow, combine baking powder, salt, cornmeal and flour.
3) Cream together white sugar and unsalted butter in a medium bowl. Beat in eggs on by one and stir in vanilla extract.
4) Add flour mixture into batter with yogurt and keep stirring. Add strawberries and pour the batter into prepared cake pan.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 mintues until inserted toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
7) Over wire rack, let the cake cool for 30 minutes in pan and then tap out to serve with ice cream.
You have made many cakes of different flavors, taste and tesxtures but Cornmeal Strawberry Cake has unique taste, flavor, sweetness and texture. Obvisouly delicous and moist with cornmeal texture and you will rate it as a hit. The cake takes some time to be fully ready but worht the effort.