- Margarine1/2 Cups
- Cream Cheese8 Ouncessoftened
- White Sugar1 1/4 Cups
- Bananas1 Cupsmashed
- Vanilla Extract1 Teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour2 1/4 Cups
- Baking Powder1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Pecans3/4 Cupschopped
- Brown Sugar2 Tablespoons
- Cinnamon2 Teaspoonsground
1) First of all, prepare an oven by heating it up to 175 C/ 350 F.
2) Then generously grease two loaf pans (8 x 4) and then dust them lightly.
3) Place margarine in a bowl and add cream cheese; mix well so that the mixture becomes smooth.
4) Add white sugar in the bowl gradually and continue to beat the mixture on high speed so that the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
5) Add eggs, one after the other, and beat the mixture well after you add each egg.
6) Then add vanilla extract and mashed bananas in the bowl and stir well.
7) Afterwards, add baking soda, flour, and baking powder in the bowl and mix well so that the batter is quite smooth and creamy.
8) Place the chopped pecans in a bowl and add cinnamon and 2 tbsp of brown sugar in it; mix well.
9) Transfer half of the prepared batter to the prepared loaf pans in equal amounts; then spread the pecan-sugar-cinnamon mixture over the batter. Finally, add the remaining half of the batter over the pans.
10) Place the loaf pans in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes; poke a tease in the center of the loaf and make sure it comes out clean.
11) Let the creamy banana bread cool in the loaf pans for about 10 minutes; then transfer the bread to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
Banana breads are quite creamy, but this one is extra creamy, as I featured cream cheese in the recipe. I used margarine in the recipe but you can try the recipe with butter as well. Due to its smooth and creamy texture, the bread is everybody’s favorite at my home. You can prepare this delicious bread in a bit more time than an hour.