- Granulated Sugar150 Grams
- Butter3 Teaspoons
- Crushed Cashew Nuts5 Tablespoons
- Vanilla Essence3 to 4 Teaspoons
- Vegetable OilA few drops
- Water1 Cups
- Sugar1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoons
- 25 % Amul Cream1 to 1 1/2 CupsChilled
- Cream1/2 Cups
- Butter2 to 3 Cups
- Powdered SugarAccording to taste
1) Spread the vegetable oil over the cleaned kitchen top.
2) Mix sugar and butter while you heat it at a low heat. Continue to heat it until the sugar melts. Now boil the mixture until it becomes golden brown.
3) Remove the pan from heat and add crushed cashew nuts and butterscotch essence. Place this mixture over the oiled surface in your kitchen. Let it cool and be hard completely.
4) Break off pieces and place it in a Ziploc bag once it has become hard. Use a rolling pin to crumble it.
1) Mix sugar and vanilla essence with water and stir until the sugar gets completely dissolved. Do adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
1) Heat the butter with a half cup of cream, and continue to stir it till the butter melts completely. Allow it to cool completely.
2) Beat the cream until it becomes thick enough, and add powdered sugar and vanilla essence, and continue to beat till the sugar gets completely mixed with the cream.
3) Continue to add butter cream in little amounts and beat it at a low speed.
4) Now taste it to check sweetness and add more sugar in case it doesn’t match your taste.
Assembling the cake:
1) Put the bottom layer of the cake on the serving plate. Spread the sugar syrup, tablespoon after tablespoon, starting from the outer side of the layer and moving inward to the center of the cake, so that entire surface gets moist. 12 tablespoons are quite enough for each layer to make it moist.
2) Make a heap of 1/5th of the total cream and spread it evenly. Dredge a small amount, say 1/3 of the total, butterscotch on top of the cream.
3) Repeat the same procedure with the next layer as well.
4) Make sure the topmost layer is upside down, in order to get a smooth finish, and again add sugar syrup, cream, and butterscotch.
5) Make it chill for a couple of hours so that the sugar syrup gets absorbed into the sponge layers.
6) In case you find it hard to slice the cake, then dip knife into hot water, wipe it dry soon, and slice it.
This is a creamy butterscotch cake recipe. It has too much cream, added on the top, within the layers, and even the frosting is prepared by combining it with cream. The overall taste of the cake is incredible. I just love to have this during the weekends. The cake tastes very well. You can also try it at home.