- White Rice4 CupsPre Cooked
- Butter1/4 Cups
- All Purpose Flour1/4 Cups
- Milk2 Cups
- Chicken Bouillon Powder2 Teaspoons
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Garlic Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Chicken Breast5 CupsPre cooked and shredded
- Processed Cheese12 OuncesCubed
- Sour Cream2 Cups
- Butter1/2 Cups
- Round Crackers2 CupsButter flavored
1) Flame your oven upto the 225 degree Celsius mark.
2) Layer a baking dish with the rice.
3) Take a saucepan and heat butter in it over moderate flame.
4) Add flour and mix over heat until creamy.
5) Stir in millk and add boillon, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir thoroughly ahd heat through. bring the mixture to a boil.
6) Turn the flame down to low and add cheese, sour cream and chicken. Mix readily and continously for 5 minutes over low flame.
7) Top baking dish rice with the prepared mixture.
8) In a new skillet heat up butter and mix in cracker crumbs. Top the baking dish contents with the prepared crumb mixture.
9) Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve when bubbly and brown from the top!
You may consider this a rice dish or a casserole, either way this Creamy Chicken and Rice Recipe is amazing! Super creamy, super cheesy and super flavor. Works extremely well even when defrosted after freezing. Don't hesitate to make it in large amounts, for you are going to find it hard to locate any left overs.