- Flour1/4 Cups
- Salt and Pepperto taste
- Shrimp in shell24
- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Shallots2 Tablespoonschopped
- Garlic1 Cloves
- Chicken Broth1 Cups
- Lemon Juice1 Tablespoons
- Heavy Cream1 Cups
- Butter1/2 Cups
- Parsley2 Tablespoonschopped
- Romano Cheese1/4 Cupsgrated
1) Place flour over a rimmed plate and add salt and pepper over it.
2) Add shrimp in the flour and shake off the excess flour.
3) Place a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil in it; let the oil get hot.
4) Add shrimp in the oil and cook for about 2 minutes; turn over the shrimp pieces and cook for another 2 minutes so that the shrimp turns pink in color. Remove the cooked shrimp pieces from the skillet and set them aside.
5) Remove everything from the skillet but a tablespoon of olive oil.
6) Add shallots and garlic in the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or so.
7) Then add half a cup of chicken broth along with lemon juice and cook the mixture for about 5 minutes so that the mixture gets reduced to a volume quarter a cup shorter than a cup.
8) Add another half a cup of chicken broth and cream in the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes so that the sauce becomes a bit thick; finally, add butter in the skillet and mix well until the butter is melted.
9) Now add the shrimp back to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes so that the shrimp is well cooked.
10) Before you serve this delicious creamy shrimp scampi, do spread some grated Romano cheese and parsley over it.
Shrimp and scampi recipes are quite easy to prepare and form to be a quick and healthy meal for you. Creamy shrimp scampi offers you a perfect blend of health and taste that is quite tough to find in most of the local restaurants – seafood at its very best, I must. Get to prepare this amazing creamy shrimp scampi in less than an hour.