- Butter6 Tablespoons
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Garlic Powder2 Teaspoons
- Skim Milk2 Cups
- Romano Cheese1/2 CupsGrated
- Frozen Green Peas1 Cups
- Canned Mushrooms1 Cups
- Smoked Salmon10 OuncesChopped
- Pasta16 Ounces
1) Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Mix in some salt and add the pasta. Stir throughout and boil for 12 minutes time. Drain the pasta well and leave aside to let cool.
2) Heat up butter in a skillet over moderate flame. Fry the onions until soft.
3) Add garlic powder and flour. Stir fry thoroughly.
4) Now, bit by bit, add the milk, stirring well alongside. Heat the mixture till just before it boils.
5) Add the cheese. Stir and heat through until the cheese melts and mixes well with the mixture.
6) Add peas, followed by the canned mushrooms. Mix well and stir fry the whole mixture for 3 minutes.
7) Add the smoke salmon, toss and coat readily. Heat through for a couple minutes.
8) Serve the prepared mixture over the boiled pasta!
This Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta Recipe is a lighter alternative to the original Carbonara pasta. It also offers something unique and different from bacon and what better substitution than deliciously smoked salmon. If you dont like canned mushrooms, you may go ahead and use fresh mushrooms instead. Both would do just as good.