- Carrot2 1/2 Cupsgrated
- Walnut pieces1 1/2 Cups
- Pineapple1 Cupschopped; fresh
- Golden raisins1 Cups
- Coconut1 Cupsshredded
- Flour2 Cups
- Cinnamon2 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg1/2 Teaspoons
- Baking soda2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Sugar1 1/2 Cups
- Vegetable oil1 1/2 Cups
- Powdered sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Place carrots, pineapple, raisins, walnuts, half a cup flour, and coconut in a large bowl and mix the ingredients well.
3) Place one and a half of flour, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and sift the ingredients well.
4) Place eggs and sugar in a bowl and mix them well with an electric mixer (having a whip attachment until it becomes foamy and light.
5) Add the flour mixture to the eggs.
6) Pour this mixture over the carrot mixture.
7) Blend the mixture well so that all the ingredients are well incorporated.
8) Apply a generous coat of butter on a cake pan (10 x 3) and flour it lightly too. Place a sheet of parchment paper on bottom of the cake pan.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 to 75 minutes so that it becomes firm from the center and a teaser poked in the center of the cake comes out clean. You can also check the temperature using an instant thermometer (the internal temperature must be 205 C).
10) Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack.
11) Use powdered sugar to dust the cake well.
12) Cut the cake into slices and serve!
Nutritious and delicious, this cake lets you enjoy all the health benefits of carrots and pineapple. It is an easy-to-make cake and is one of the tastiest moist cakes. You may use olive oil instead of vegetable oil in case you feel that you have gained a lot of weight. Do not forget to place a sheet of parchment paper on the pan so that it is easy for you to remove the cake. You can cover the cake with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about 4 days. You can also frost it with Cream Cheese Frosting.