- Cooking sprayfor greasing
- Chocolate wafer cookies9 Ounces
- Sugar2 Tablespoons
- Fine salt1 Teaspoons
- Butter4 Ouncesmelted
- Chocolate18 Ouncesbittersweet, chopped; 6 ounces for glaze
- Sugar1 1/2 Cups
- Cocoa powder1/3 Cupsunsweetened
- Heavy cream3/4 Cups
- Honey2 Teaspoons
- Prepared coffee1 Tablespoons
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Use cooking spray to apply a coat on springform pan (9-inches in diameter).
3) Grind the cookies in a food processor until they are finely ground.
4) Add sugar and salt and blend well.
5) Add the melted butter in the mixture and blend it well again (At this stage, it should be thick, just like wet sand).
6) Press the crumbs onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Alternatively, you can place the cookie crumb mixture in the pan and then add melted butter in it and mix it well. Then press it well to the bottom of the pan.
7) Bake it well for about 5 to 7 minutes, so that it becomes set.
8) Let it cool while you prepare the filling.
1) Put the chocolate in a bowl and heat it for 3 minutes so that it melts (stir it occasionally so that it melts completely).
2) Mix cocoa powder and sugar in a mixing bowl of medium size. (While you mix the cocoa, there will arise some lumps, which you need to smooth out).
3) Beat cream cheese for about 2 minutes in a stand mixer until it becomes fluffy and light.
4) Then add the cocoa powder mixture in it.
5) Add the orange zest.
6) Beat well until the ingredients are fully mixed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber scrapper as required.
7) Add eggs, one after the other, and beat well after each addition.
8) Add lukewarm chocolate and mix it well until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
9) Transfer the filling over the cooled cake crust.
10) To remove air pockets, tap the pan on the table top.
11) Bake it for about 70 minutes, so that it becomes well set, rotating the cake halfway.
12) Allow the cake to cool for about 5 minutes.
13) To loosen the cake, take a knife and run it around the edges of the cake (do not remove the cake from the springform pan).
14) Allow the cake to cool in a refrigerator overnight.
1) Place chopped chocolate, honey, coffee, and heavy cream in a saucepan and place it over low heat, until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
2) Allow the mixture to cool a bit.
3) Pour the mixture over the center of the cheesecake. Spread it to ½ inches of the cheesecake edge and fill the cracks as well.
4) Refrigerate it for about 60 minutes, so that the topping is well set.
5) Transfer the cheesecake to a platter.
6) Release the cake from the pan.
7) Serve the cake cold. Alternatively, put the cake at room temperature for 120 minutes, and then serve it with green tea or coffee.
(You may also add some mints, pecans, or soft caramel candies while you crush the cookies in the grinder).
It is easy and good for your weekends, festivals, and birthday parties. The cake is flavorful and has fruit pie inserted. It has all perfectly blended ingredients. It is rich of cheese and cream, and is sized medium. You would surely love to make this cake at home. Must to try this weekend and allow your family to admire your efforts.