- All purpose flour2 1/2 Cups
- Sugar1 1/2 Cups
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Teaspoonsfine
- Cocoa Powder1 Teaspoons
- Vegetable oil1 1/2 CupsFor cake and for pans
- Buttermilk1 Cupsat room temperature
- Red food coloring2 Tablespoons
- White vinegar1 Teaspoonsdistilled
- Vanilla extract2 Teaspoons1 each for cake and creem cheese frost
- Cream cheese1 Poundssoftened
- Confectioners' sugar4 Cupssifted
- Butter1 Cupsunsalted
- Pecansfor garnishing
1) Preheat the oven up to 350 F
2) Take 3 round pans (9×1.5 inches) and lightly oil and flour them.
3) Mix flour, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
4) In another bowl, put oil, eggs, vinegar, vanilla, food coloring, and buttermilk and whist it thoroughly.
5) Now, mix the ingredients of both the bowls using a standing mixer and continue to mix until they are fully mixed and form a smooth batter.
6) Divide the cake batter equally into two parts and pour it on the cake pans you have prepared earlier.
7) Place the pans in the oven but make sure they are placed with quite a distance in between them.
8) Continue to bake the pans until the cake pulls itself away from the sides of the pan, or a teaser inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. More or less, it will take about 30 minutes.
9) Take out the pans from the oven
10) Use a knife around the edges to make it separate from the sides of the pans.
11) Place the cakes in plates, one after the other.
12) Allow the cakes to cool, on separate wire racks.
1) Mix sugar, butter, and cream cheese until it gets fully mixed using a hand-held electric beater for about 5 minutes or until it becomes light and fluffy.
2) Add vanilla extract and increase the speed of the beater until it becomes fluffy again.
3) Place it in the refrigerator until it becomes stiff. Once stiff, it is ready to apply on the cake.
4) Place one layer on a rotating cake stand.
5) Spread a bit of cream cheese frosting over the cake using a spatula, so that a ½ inch layer is formed.
6) Place another layer on it and apply cream cheese over it as well.
7) Using remaining frosting, top the remaining layer and cover whole of the cake.
8) Sprinkle pecans on top of the cake.
If you are looking for a delicious reddish cake, then this is the right kind of recipe for you. It is a flavorful and incredible dessert. Serve your family with this cake. You will simply forget about the cakes of the bakeries and traditional cake shops, as this is worth your efforts and time spent in kitchen. Enjoy with your family.