- Canola Oil2 Tablespoons
- Garlic6 ClovesChopped
- Ginger Root2 TablespoonsChopped
- Large Shrimp2 PoundsPeeled, Deveined
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Red Pepper FlakesTo Taste
- Beer3/4 Cups
- Ketchup1/4 Cups
- White Sugar1 Tablespoons
- Cornstarch1 Tablespoons
- Water1 Tablespoons
- Toasted Sesame Oil1 Tablespoons
- Green Onions3Chopped
Steps to make Drunken Shrimp Recipe:
1) Heat up oil in a skillet over high flame.
2) Throw garlic, ginger and onion into the hot oil and stir fry for about half a minute.
3) Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper. Add shrimp and stir fry for 5 minutes.
4) Add ketchup, sugar and beer. Stir thorougly over flame and bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Mix cornstarch with water and pour into the skillet. Stir thoroughly until the whole mixture is creamy and thick.
6) Keep stirring well and cook until the shrimp is well cooked.
7) Mix in sesame oil and turn off the flame. Top with green onions and serve!
I honestly have run out of words describing this Drunken Shrimp Recipe to people. It has to be one of the most delicious shrimp meals in the history of this planet. So saucy, creamy, juicy and flavorful, if you love shrimps, there is no way you are not going to fall in love with these! Brilliant!