- Red Lentils1 Cups
- Ginger1 small sliceMinced
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Cayenne PepperTo Taste
- Onion4 TeaspoonsDried and Minced
- Cumin Seeds1 Teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil4 Teaspoons
1) Take a bowl and mix lentils with salt, cayenne pepper, turmerice and ginger.
2) Mix well and transfer the contents of the bowl to a skillet.
3) Fill the skillet with water upto 1inch in depth. Mix and boil the mixture over moderate flame.
4) Turn the flame down to low and cook until the lentils are soft.
5) Take a microwave proof dish and mix together cumin seeds, dried onion and oil.
6) Microwave the oil onion mixture for 1 minute and then stir this mixture into the lentils skillet. Mix thoroughly and heat through before serving hot!
Masoor Daal or "Masoor ki daal" is a super famous dish from India and Pakistan. This Easy Masoor Daal Recipe is a simpler and quicker version of the delicious original classic. Goes best with fried flat bread or boiled white rice. Add garam masala or black pepper to boost up the spices for your liking.