- Salt2 Teaspoons
- White Sugar1 Teaspoons
- Cloves1/8 Teaspoonsminced
- Allspice1/8 Teaspoonsminced
- Nutmeg1/8 Teaspoonsminced
- Cinnamon1/8 Teaspoonsminced
- Whole Chicken4 Pounds
- Garlic5 Clovescrushed
1) Place salt and sugar in a bowl and add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice in it. Mix the ingredients well to make a smooth mixture.
2) Rub the chicken with the allspice-mixture and place the chicken in a bowl.
3) Cover the bowl with a lid and place it in a refrigerator for about a day.
4) Preheat the oven to 260 C/ 500 F.
5) Stuff the chicken with garlic.
6) Now place the chicken in a roasting pan, keeping the breast side down.
7) Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and roast the chicken for about 15 minutes.
8) Then reduce the heat to 230 C/ 450 F and roast the chicken for another 15 minutes.
9) Baste the chicken with the pan dripping and then reduce the heat to 220 C/ 425 F; Roast the chicken for another half an hour.
10) Insert an instant-read thermometer in the chicken and make sure that the internal temperature is 85 C/ 180 F.
11) Let the chicken stand for about 20 minutes and then serve the whole roasted chicken with plain rice or bread, a dipping sauce, and a veggie salad.
Chicken is probably the most popular meat all over the world; and this is the reason that the master chefs all around the world keep on adding variations while cooking chicken. Nevertheless, the basic recipe remains the same – nice and simple; and off course easy. Roasted chicken is great to have for a lunch in the winters or for a dinner in the summers – and vice versa too. The ingredients are quite unique and give it the just perfect blend. The great thing is that you can use the leftovers for a number of delicious recipes such as salads, burgers, sandwiches, and other such snacks and appetizers. Yes, you need to invest quite a time while getting it ready but the taste is certainly worth the wait.