- Olive Oil3 Tablespoons
- Garlic3 ClovesChopped
- Eggplant4 CupsCubed and not peeled
- Water1 Tablespoons
- Parmesan Cheese1/2 CupsGrated
- Parsley1 CupsChopped
- Bread Crumbs3/4 Cups
1) Flame your baking oven up to the 180 degree Celsius mark and slightly oil a baking sheet.
2) Heat up a skillet over moderate flame and fry olive oil in it until hot.
3) Add garlic and fry for a minute. Stir in water and then add eggplant. Mix well.
4) Turn the flame down to low and seal the skillet with its lid. Leave to cook for 20 minutes time or until the eggplant is tender.
5) Transfer the boiled eggplant to a bowl once done.
6) Add bread crumbs, eggs, parsley and cheese to the bowl. Using two forks or both your hands, mix all ingredients thoroughly!
7) Once mixed well, cover the bowl and refrigerate for 12-15 minututes.
8) Make ball shapes out of the mixture and set them up on the greased baking dish.
9) Bake for half an hour in the preated oven. Serve hot!
For vegetarians it is always a delight to have an alternative to meat recipes. This Eggplant Balls Recipe is an old school meatball alternative that can be had in the form of burger patties or meatball shapes. The flavors are simple, however if you find them way too bland, add your favorite spices to boost things up!