- Olive Oil1 Cups
- Red Bell Peppers2Chopped
- Mozzarella Cheese8 Slices
- Garlic2 ClovesChopped
- Canned Stewed Tomatoes with Juice16 Ounces
- Basil1 TablespoonsChopped
- Oregano1 TablespoonsChopped
- Balsamic Vinegar1/4 Cups
- Red Wine Vinegar1/4 Cups
- Brown Sugar1/2 Cups
- Tomato Paste8 Tablespoons
- Anchovy Fillets8Chopped
- Capers3 TablespoonsChopped
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Parmesan Cheese1 CupsGrated
Steps to make Eggplant Parmigiana Caponata Recipe:
1) Prepare the baking oven and flame it up to the 180 degree Celsius mark.
2) Add half cup of olive oil to a skillet and heat over moderate high flame.
3) Add eggplant and stir fry to coat well with the oil.
4) Once lightly sauteed, set the eggplant up on a casserole dish.
5) In the same skillet, add red peppers and fry until soft.
6) Top the casserole dish eggplant with a layer of the fried red peppers.
7) Top the red peppers layer with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
8) If needed, add more oil to the skillet. Stir fry garlic and onions until caramelized.
9) Add in basil, oregano and tomatoes. Stir thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes time.
10) Stir in brown sugar, wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and tomato paste. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
11) Throw in capers and anchov filets and sprinkle salt and ground black pepper to taste. Stir readily.
12) Top the casserole dish contents with the cooked mixture. Top with Parmesan Cheese.
13) Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven or until cheese is bubbly!
This Eggplant Parmigiana Caponata Recipe combines the delicious flavors of eggplant parmesan and caponata to make a delightful dish. Rich in flavor and absolutely amazing if served with pasta. Sweet and salty flavorfuls with a wonderful texture that you are sure to like. Enjoy and happy cooking!