- Granulated Sugar2 Cups
- Vegetable Oil1 1/2 Cups
- Whole Eggs4
- Pastry Flour2 Cups
- Baking soda2 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Ground cinnamon1 Teaspoons
- Raw Carrots3 Cupsfinely ground
- Walnut4 Ouncesfinely chopped
- Sugar1 1/2 Poundspowdered
- Cream cheese12 Ouncesat room temperature
- Vanilla extract1 Tablespoons
- Margarine2 Ouncesroom temperature
1) Preheat the oven to 300 F.
2) Lightly grease 3 cake pans.
3) Mix eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar in a large bowl.
4) Mix flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
5) Mix the ingredients of the two bowls and blend it well.
6) Add carrots and chopped nuts and blend it further until they become well blended.
7) Distribute the batter in the cake pans.
8) Place the pans in the oven and bake it for about 1 hour.
9) Cool the layers in pans for about 60 minutes, and do store the pans in a closed cupboard so that they don’t dry.
10) Turn baking pan upside down and tap edge of pan on a hard surface.
11) Place a cake circle on revolving cake stand and remove paper from bottom of layer cake.
12) Place 1st layer on the cake circle and apply frosting, about 3 ½ ounces.
13) Place 2nd layer on top of the first layer topside down and apply frosting in the same amount as applied on the first layer.
14) Repeat the procedure with 3rd layer as well.
15) Press the layers gently to make it one cake and apply remaining frosting on top and sides of the cake.
Mix powdered sugar with vanilla extract, margarine, and cream cheese, and blend it well until mixed completely. Refrigerate it until needed.
It has been a wonderful cake recipe of my grandfather, who was a chef by profession. The cake is too tasty and is made with lots of well mashed carrots. This will surely make you happy as the cake is rich of eggs and buttermilk, which were added to make it taste richer and better than ever.