- Water1 3/4 Cups
- Butter1 Tablespoons
- Packed Rice Pilaf Mix6 Ounces
- Butter3 Tablespoons
- Dried Frigs8Chopped
- Dried Crurrants1/4 Cups
- Mango1Peeled and Diced
- Water1/4 Cups
- Cashews1/4 CupsChopped
- Half and Half2 Tablespoons
- Chicken1/2 CupsPre Cooked and Cubed
- Blue Cheese1/4 CupsCrumbled
Steps to make Figs and Rice Recipe:
1) Fill a stock pot with 1 3/4 cups water and mix in a tablespoon of butter.
2) Mix well and bring the water to a boil over high flame.
3) Add rice, followed by the seasoning packet. Bring to a boil once again.
4) Turn the flame down to low and cover the skillet. Boil the rice until soft and tender.
5) Heat up 3 tablespoons butter in a non stick skillet over moderate flame.
6) Add currants, and figs. Stir well and coat with the butter for 2 minutes.
7) Stir in mango and water. Mix and cook until the mango is soft. Give 4-5 minutes to this process.
8) Add half and half to the skillet, followed by cashews. Stir well anc cook until the sauce is half gone.
9) Add in blue cheese and chicken. Mix and cook until the chicken is heated through. Serve this fruit mixture over the rice pilaf!
Figs and Rice Recipe is a delicious pilaf dish that combines nuts, chicken and fruits wonderfully well in an exquisite rice dish. One of the best ways you can use up left over rice, chicken or pork at home. Also a great option if you're a vegetarian. Amazing!