- Pineapples15 1/4 Ounces
- Butter2 Cupssoftened; 1/2 cup for frosting
- Sugar3 Cups
- Carbonated Lemon-lime1/2 Cups
- Cake flour3 Cupssifted
- Lemon extract1 Teaspoons
- Vanilla extract2 Teaspoons1 for cream cheese frosting
- Sugar2 Cups
- Cornstrach1/4 Cups
- Water1 Cups
- Cream Cheese3 Ounces
- Powdered sugar1 Poundssifted
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Lightly butter 3 round cake pans, each 9-inches in diameter.
3) Use parchment paper to line the bottom of the pans.
4) Drain the pineapples and save ¾ cup of juice.
5) Take out ¼ cup of the juice for the cream cheese frosting.
6) Set aside the pineapples for the pineapple filling.
7) Put butter in a bowl and beat it using an electric mixer until it becomes creamy.
8) Add sugar gradually to the butter and beat it well again.
9) Add eggs, one after the other, and beat well after you make each addition.
10) Combine the ½ cup of pineapple juice with 7-up.
11) Add half of the flour to the butter mixture, and then add juice. At last, add remaining flour to the mixture.
12) Beat the mixture at low speed until it becomes well blended.
13) Add the extracts and beat it well again.
14) Transfer one-third of the batter into the prepared pans.
15) Bake it for about half an hour. Make sure that a teaser poked in the center of the cake comes out clean.
16) Once baked, remove the pans from the cake immediately.
17) Allow the cakes to cool on a wire rack.
1) Mix sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
2) Add pineapple and water.
3) Stir the mixture well.
4) Cook the mixture over low heat for 15 to 17 minutes. Do stir the mixture occasionally.
5) Allow the cake to cool.
6) Once the cake is cool, you can go ahead to make cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1) Put butter and cream cheese in a bowl.
2) Beat the mixture with an electric mixer at medium speed until the ingredients are well blended.
3) Add powdered sugar, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract to the bowl (make sure you add that amount of pineapple juice that is enough to maintain a healthy spreading consistency.
4) Mix the ingredients in the bowl well.
Once the cake has cooled, stake the layers of the cake.
Spread ¾ cup of the pineapple filling in each layer of the cake.
Spread ¼ cup of the pineapple filling on top and sides of the cake.
Make a border of the frosting around the edge of the cake.
Here is given a flavorful cheese and pineapple cake for you. The recipe is easy to follow, in fact, so easy that you would love to spend time in kitchen while preparing this cake. Serve your friends if they are arriving on an evening and you don’t want them to have your lunch. Serve this cake, instead, with green tea.