- Egg Whites3
- White Sugar1/4 Cups
- Confectioners' Sugar1 2/3 Cups
- Almonds1 Cupsfinely ground
1) Arrange a sheet of silicone baking mat over a baking sheet.
2) Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer (having a whisk attachment). Beat the egg whites with the mixer until the egg whites become smooth and foamy.
3) Add white sugar and beat well so that you see soft peaks in the bowl and the egg whites are quite foamy and shiny.
4) Place almonds in a separate bowl and add confectioners’ sugar in it. Mix well and add the mixture in the egg whites. Beat them well for about 30 strokes.
5) Transfer a bit of batter into a small plastic bag.
6) Cut off a corner off the bag and transfer a small amount of batter to the baking sheet. If you see that the batter holds a peak but doesn’t flatten up, add a bit more of it on the dish and check if it flattens up.
7) When the batter is well mixed and is quite flat too, transfer the batter to a pastry bag (having a plain round tip).
8) Now transfer the batter over the baking sheet in rounds but do make sure that you leave the space between the disks.
9) Let the dish stay room temperature for about an hour so that you see a hard skin over them.
10) Preheat the oven to 140 C/ 285 F.
11) Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes so that the cookies are quite set and are not brown in color.
12) Allow the cookies to cool down before you fill them and serve the French Macaron.
If you misread it, or misspelled it, let me tell you that it’s French Macaron, not Macaroon. When I first came across the recipe, I found it quite tough to get it executed. I tried it for the first time, but failed badly. After a number of trials, I was able to come up with something as exciting as this. I was able to come up to the mark in quite a number of trials. Once you are done making the cookies, take a cookie and apply any of your favorite filling over it; then place another cookie over it and enjoy these perfect cookies. I did it with cream cheese frosting but you may try it with any other filling too. You need to invest about 2 hours or so in the kitchen to get these biscuits ready.