- Chicken Drumsticks8
- Hot Pepper Sauce1/4 Cups
- All Purpose Flour1/3 Cups
- Yellow cornmeal2 Tablespoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil3 Cups
1) Remove the skin from the chicken pieces and place them in a plastic bag (re-sealable).
2) Pour sauce over the chicken, seal the bag, and place it in a refrigerator for about an hour to a day (the longer you marinate it, better the taste is).
3) Pour oil in a skillet and heat it well; make sure that the temperature is about 175 C/ 350 F.
4) Place flour in another plastic bag and add salt and cornmeal in it; mix well.
5) Then add drumsticks in the bag and mix well so that the chicken pieces are well coated with the mixture.
6) Add chicken pieces in the skillet and cook for about half an hour so that the juices are quite clear (do not cover the skillet while frying).
7) Do turn over the chicken pieces in between the frying process so that the chicken pieces turn brown in color from all the sides.
8) Serve the fried chicken drumsticks with bread or rice, a dipping sauce, and a veggie salad.
Fried Chicken Drumsticks are quite easy to prepare with this simple and easy recipe, which I got from one of my dearest friends. The taste is so amazing that everyone at my home is in love with it; my brother says that I should cook these drumsticks thrice a week, so that the whole family is able to enjoy some delicious chicken in minimum amount of time. Once I tried the recipe with chicken breast pieces (skinless, boneless) instead of the drumsticks and the taste was equally great – breast pieces don’t take that long to get ready. Do serve these drumsticks along with rice or bread; accompany it with a sauce and a veggie salad – gets ready in less than two hours!