- White Sugar1 Cups
- Cinnamon1 Teaspoonsground
- Nutmeg1/4 Teaspoonsground
- Flour Tortillas108-inch
- Oil3 Cupsfor frying
1) Place cinnamon in a plastic bag (re-sealable) and add sugar and nutmeg in it; seal the bag and toss it well so that the ingredients are well mixed.
2) Pour oil in a large skillet and bring it over heat; let the oil get hot up to 190 C/ 375 F.
3) Add 5 tortilla strips in the skillet and fry them for about half a minute. Turn them over and fry for another half a minute so that they turn golden brown in color. Once you are done with frying, do transfer the tortilla strips to paper towels.
4) Do not let the strips cool down and place them in the plastic bag; shake the bag well so that the strips are well coated with the cinnamon mixture.
5) Do serve the fried cinnamon strips readily or store them in an airtight container for later use.
Cinnamon is one of those ingredients that are recognized as health-filled ingredients; cinnamon, when added to a recipe, not only makes it taste great but also makes it quite healthy too. So, this time around I decided to make a dessert with this miraculous ingredient. What I love about this recipe is the step where the flour tortilla strips are coated with a delicious cinnamon mixture. Do prepare these strips in just about half an hour and get to enjoy a delicious snack.