- Whole Wheat Flour2 1/2 Cups
- All Purpose Flour1/2 Cups
- Sugar5 Tablespoons
- Active Dry Yeast1/2 Tablespoons
- Custard Powder2 Tablespoons
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Water1 Cups
- Tutti Fruti2 Tablespoons
- Orange Peels2 1/2 Tablespoonscandied
- Butter4 Tablespoons
1) Warm a cup of water over medium heat and add dry active yeast and sugar in it.
2) Mix well and place the mixture in a warm place for about 10 minutes.
3) Place all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, cherries, orange peels, corn starch, and tutti fruity and mix the ingredients well.
4) Add oil along with the water-yeast mixture and mix well to come up with smooth dough.
5) Rub oil all over the dough to make sure that it doesn’t dry.
6) Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise for about 150 minutes.
7) Knead the dough generously and use butter to grease a loaf pan.
8) Make a loaf out of the dough.
9) Cover the bowl and set aside the bowl for about 45 minutes.
10) Preheat the oven to 180 C.
11) Bake the bread for about 50 minutes.
12) Transfer the bread to a wired rack and allow it to cool.
13) Cut the bread into slices and serve with coffee or tea.
Fruit bread is light and healthy bread that can be prepared quite easily at your home. I used cherries and orange peels in the recipe but you can try other fruits too. Try adding some chopped pieces of mangoes to give it a sweet and delicious touch. Adding pumpkin, sunflower, and dry nuts is another great option.