- Whole Wheat Flour1 1/2 Cups
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Dry Active Yeast1 Teaspoons
- Water160 Milliliters
- Sugar1/2 Tablespoons
- Oil1 Tablespoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter2 Tablespoonsdairy
- Garlic2/3 Tablespoonschopped
- Celery1 Teaspoonschopped
- Oregano1/4 Teaspoonsdried
- Carom Seeds2 Pinch
- Olive Oil1/2 Tablespoons
- Saltto taste
- Black Pepperto taste
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2) Pour water in a pan and heat it over low heat so that it becomes warm.
3) Add half a tablespoon of sugar along with yeast in water.
4) Mix well and allow it to stand for about 12 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
5) Add all purpose flour, wheat flour, oil, and salt in the bowl.
6) Knead the mixture to make soft and smooth dough of it.
7) Rub the dough with oil, cover the bowl, and set it aside for about 120 minutes.
8) Place butter in a bowl and beat it lightly with a spoon until it becomes creamy.
9) Add salt, herbs, and spices in the butter and mix well. Adjust the amount of spices according to taste.
10) Lightly flour your kitchen shelf and punch the dough over it.
11) Divide whole of the dough into two parts and roll it in the form of a rectangle.
12) Apply the garlic butter on the dough in a uniform manner.
13) Make a roll of the dough till end.
14) Repeat the procedure with the other half of the dough.
15) Give a cut from the center of the dough and cut it into two parts. Do this with both the parts.
16) Lightly grease a pan with butter and place all the rolls in it.
17) Use garlic butter to brush their tops, cover the pan with a lid, and set it aside for about 40 minutes.
18) Place the pan in the over for about half an hour so that the tops turn golden in color.
19) Serve these rolls with coffee.
Garlic Bread Roll serves to be a perfect afternoon snack and is mostly served with coffee or tea. I used dairy butter in the recipe but you can give it a try with vegan butter too.