- Chicken broth6 Cups
- Olive Oil3 Tablespoons
- Portobello Mushrooms1 Pounds
- White Mushrooms1 PoundsSliced
- Dry White Wine1/2 Cups
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Chives3 TablespoonsChopped
- Butter4 Tablespoons
- Parmesan Cheese1/3 CupsGrated
- Arborio Rice1.5 Cups
1) Add chicken broth to a saucepan and heat up over low flame.
2) In another saucepan, heat up a couple tablespoons of olive oil over high flame.
3) Fry the mushrooms in the hot skillet until tender. Set aside on a plate.
4) In the same skillet, add some more olive oil and cook the shallots for a minute’s time.
5) Add the Arborio rice and mix and coat well. Stir fry and shake over flame for a couple of minutes.
6) Once you notice that the rice have just started turning brownish, stir in the wine. Stir well and thoroughly!
7) Add half cup of chicken broth to the rice mixture and stir well throughout.
8) Now add the remaining half cup of the broth and stir well again. Bring the mixture to a boil. Should take about 22 minutes time over moderate flame.
9) The rice should now be soft and tender. Add the mushrooms, followed by chives and butter.
10 Stir thoroughly, and then add Parmesan cheese. Mix well again. Sprinkle salt and pepper, mix and serve!
Not the easiest or quickest of recipes, but certainly worth it at the end. Gourmet Mushroom Risotto Recipe is one of the traditional rissoto dishes found in Italy. A great alternative to all the mainstream beef and chicken recipes. Make sure that the rice you use in this Recipe are soft enough, dont boil them too much, just make sure they are finely soft.