- Granulated sugar2 Cups
- Vegetable oil1 1/2 Cups
- Whole eggs4fresh
- Pastry flour2 Cups
- Baking soda2 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon2 Teaspoonsground
- Carrots3 Cupsraw; finely ground
- Walnuts4 Ouncesfinely chopped
- Powdered sugar1 1/2 Pounds
- Cream Cheese12 Ounces
- Vanilla extract1 Tablespoons
- Margarine2 Ouncesat room temperature
1) Preheat the oven to 300 F.
2) Lightly grease 3 cake layer pans. s
3) Mix sugar in vegetable oil and eggs in a mixing bowl of large size.
4) In a separate bowl, place cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix the ingredients well so that they become incorporated.
5) Add the dry ingredients mixture to the eggs mixture and blend the mixture well.
6) Add carrots and chopped nuts to the mixture and blend it well until the ingredients become well incorporated.
7) Distribute the batter into the prepared 3 cake layer pans (9-inch). Make sure that you put about one pound plus 5 ounces of batter in each pan.
8) Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake it for about 60 minutes.
9) Allow to cool the layers in the pans for about another 60 minutes.
10) Store the layers in a closed cupboard so that you are able to prevent them from drying. Layers must be a day old.
11) Turn the pan upside down and tap edge of pan on a hard surface in order to remove the layers from the baking pan.
12) Place a 9-inch cake on top on the cake stand.
13) Remove paper from bottom the layer cake.
14) Place the first layer at the cake stand, bottom side down.
15) Evenly spread about 3 ½ ounces of frosting over the layer of the cake.
16) Place second layer on top of the first layer, topside down.
17) Spread another 3 ½ ounces of frosting with the help of a rubber spatula.
18) Place the third layer over the second one and press it firmly, but gently, so that it gets the shape of a cake.
19) Now top the top of the cake with the remaining frosting.
20) Apply the remaining frosting on sides of the cake.
21) Refrigerate the cake until you intend to serve it.
22) Display it on a cake stand or on a counter.
Frosting and filling:
1) Place cream cheese, margarine, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
2) Beat the ingredients using an electric mixer until the ingredients are well incorporated.
3) Keep the frosting refrigerated until required.
If you are fed up of the traditional desserts served at your nearby shop, then why don’t you think of enjoying a homemade cake! This particular cake, I had tried at home, tastes very well. It is too rich in nutrients. I made it in dense and moist form, adding much butter and cream. Try this yourself and enjoy the time.