- Cake Flour3 Cups
- White Sugar2 Cups
- Butter, Softened1 Cups
- Plain Yogurt1 Cups
- Lemon Juice2 Tablespoons
- Grated Lemon Zest2 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- Salt1/4 Teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven up to 175 Degrees C (350 Degrees F) and prepare 1 tube pan of 10 inches with grease.
2) In a small bowl, combine dried ingredients; baking soda, salt and cake flour. In another large bowl beat the egg whites properly until it forms soft peaks. Stir in 1/2 cup white sugar in eggs and beat until it forms stiff glossy peaks.
3) In another bowl, cream together egg yolks, butter, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, grated lemon zest and lemon juice until fluffy. Add flour mixture into the creamed mixture and then stir in egg whites.
4) Pour the batter into prepared tube pan and bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
5) Let the cake cool into the tube pan for 10 minutes then completely cool on wire racks. Frost with lemon icing or favorite one.
If you are looking for Greek dessert then don’t go anywhere and make Greek Lemon Cake to fulfill your desire. This special cake has delightful taste, great texture and amazing flavors. It’s just an amazing cake that you can make it with ease at home. If you want more lemon flavor then frost the cake with lemon icing.