- Whole Turkey12 Pounds
- Lemon Juice3 Lemons
- Butter1/4 Cups
- Turkey Livers2Chopped
- Lamb1 PoundsMinced
- White Rice2.5 Cups
- Cinnamon Powder1 Tablespoons
- Mint Leaves1/4 CupsChopped
- Tomato Paste2 Tablespoons
- Water3 Cups
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Butter1/2 Cups
Steps to make Greek Stuffed Turkey Recipe:
1) Prepare the baking oven and flame it up to the 225 degree Celsius mark.
2) Wash the turkey both externally and internally and pat dry using paper towels.
3) Coat the entire turkey with lemon juice and leave aside.
4) Heat up 1/4 cup of butter in a skillet over moderate flame.
5) Add onion to the hot butter and stir fry until soft and tender.
6) Add livers and minced lamb. Stir hard and readily until brown.
7) Add mint, cinnamon, tomato paste and finally the rice.
8) Stir in a cup of water and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Mix readily and leave to cook for 10 minutes time.
9) Now stuff the turkey with the cooked mixture and transfer to a roasting pan placed on a rack.
10) Now add 2 cups of water to the roasting pan and mix with butter and lemon juice.
11) Bake the turkey for an hour in the preheated oven.
12) Turn the oven’s temperature down to 170 degree Celsius and bake the turkey for 2 hours more.
Note: Keep basting the turkey with the pan liquids after every half hour.
If you're looking for ideas of what meals to cook for Thanksgiving, then go for this Greek Stuffed Turkey Recipe. Its a brilliant option for you if you want some of the best reviews from any guests visiting you anytime soon! A superb dish that is sure to light up your Thanksgiving!