1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F.
2) Add 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat. Let the butter melt.
3) Add mushrooms, onion, and parsley in the skillet and cook the mixture for about 10 minutes so that the mushrooms give off their juices and onions are quite translucent.
4) Add salt and pepper in the skillet; then add flour and lemon juice and cook for about 3 minutes so that the flour gets just brown.
5) Add sour cream in the skillet and mix well again.
6) Then add green beans and give it another mix.
7) Now transfer the mixture to a square baking dish (9-inch).
8) Spread Cheddar Cheese all over the beans mixture.
9) Place melted butter in a bowl and add crackers in it. Mix well so that the mixture is quite smooth.
10) Spread the butter mixture evenly over the Cheddar Cheese layer.
11) Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about half an hour so that the casserole gets brown and the cheese melts.
12) Serve the Green Beans Casserole in dinner.
Casseroles are great to have for a perfect dinner and this one is no exception – I have been trying this recipe for quite a time now and this is why it’s so popular among my family members. Not only great for dinners, but green beans casserole is great as a side dish too. The great thing is that you can get it ready in just about an hour or so.