- Extra Virgin Olive Oil1/2 Cups
- Oregano Leaves bunch1
- Garlic4 Cloves
- Juiced Lemons2
- Kosher Saltto taste
- Black Pepperto taste
- Organic Whole Chicken1quartered
1) Place oil in a bowl and add salt and pepper in it.
2) Then add garlic, oregano leaves, and lemon juice in the bowl and mix well to make the mixture quite smooth.
3) Pat dry the chicken pieces and then place them in a plastic bag (re-sealable).
4) Pour the garlic mixture in the bag and seal the bag. Do remove out excess air while sealing the bag. Turn over the bag several times so that the chicken is well coated with the marinade.
5) Place the chicken bag in a shallow dish place it in a refrigerator for about 12 hours so that it is well marinated.
6) Now preheat the oven to 350 F.
7) Then place grill pan over medium-high heat and let it heat well.
8) Place the chicken on the grill and cook it for about 13 minutes so that the chicken is quite brown.
9) Turn over the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes.
10) Place the chicken over a sheet pan and cook again for about half an hour so that it is well cooked.
11) Allow the grilled Greek chicken to cool down for about 10 minutes before you serve it with a cup of rice and a sauce.
If you check the weekly menu of my kitchen, you will be able to notice one prominent thing – that is chicken. I love to enjoy chicken as most of the chicken recipes are quite easy to prepare. Grilled Chicken is quite popular among the food lovers all over the world due to its perfect aroma and great taste. The recipe is quite simple though the marination process takes quite a time. But the taste is so appetizing that I am sure that you won’t mind the waiting time.