- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Lamb Meat1 PoundsMinced
- Garlic6 ClovesChopped
- Oregano1 Tablespoons
- Cumin Powder2/3 Teaspoons
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Hot Pepper Sauce1 dash
- Parsley2/3 CupsChopped
- Feta Cheese6 Ounces
- Black Olives8 OuncesChopped
- Garlic Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Pizza Crust Dough1 Pounds
1) Flame the baking oven up to the 225 degree Celsius mark.
2) Heat up oil in a skillet over high flame.
3) Add meat, followed by garlic, onion, oregano, cumin and hot pepper sauce.
4) Stir fry the ground beef with the mixture for about 4 minutes time.
5) Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper to taste. Keep stir frying until the meat is done.
6) Once the meat has been cooked, sprinkle parsley and heat through for a couple more minutes. Set the mixture in a bowl.
7) Roll the pizza crust dough rectangularly on a flat surface.
8) Top the dough with zucchini, black olives and feta cheese.
9) Then top with the cooked beef mixture. Note: When topping the dough, leave about 3 inches empty from the sides.
10) Roll up the dough carefully, rolling up the entire mixture in it. Make sure the dough doesnt break.
11) Garnish the prepared roll with garlic powder and carefully place in the preheated oven.
12) Bake for about 5 minutes time in the oven, then turn the oven temperature down to 180 degree Celsius.
13) Bake for half hour more. Once done, slice the roll and serve hot!
Worth the time, worth the effort, there is no chance in that you wont fall in love with this Gyroll Recipe . Amazing rolls filled with a delicious cheesy lamb meat mixture and lots of chopped vegetables. This Gyroll verion of the original recipe uses pizza dough instead of pita bread. The former is easier to find and is more crispy!