- All Purpose Flour3 Cups
- Salt3/4 Teaspoons
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- White Sugar2 Cups
- Cinnamon1 Teaspoons
- Walnuts1 Cupschopped
- Vegetable Oil1/2 Cups
- Bananas2 Cupsmashed; ripe
- Pineapple8 Ouncesdrained
- Vanilla Extract2 Teaspoons
- Coconut1 Cupsflaked
- Maraschino cherries1 Cups
1) Preheat an oven to 175 C/ 350 F and then generously grease two loaf pans (9 x 5).
2) Place flour in a bowl and add salt, cinnamon, sugar, and baking soda. Mix well.
3) Then add cherries, walnuts, coconut, vanilla, banana, and pineapple in the bowl and mix well until the mixture is quite smooth.
4) Transfer the batter to the greased loaf pans.
5) Place the loaf pans in the preheated oven and bake for about an hour; poke a teaser in the center of the bread and make sure it comes out clean.
6) Let the bread cool down in the pan for about 10 minutes; then transfer the bread to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
7) Cut the bread into slices and serve Hawaiian banana bread along a cup of tea.
Hawaiian bread is one of those banana breads that are quite easy to prepare – takes about an hour or so to get ready. This delicious banana bread can be served along a cup of tea or milk and you will be able to enjoy a nice and healthy breakfast.