- Sage1 TeaspoonsDried
- Thyme1 TeaspoonsDried
- Rosemary1 TeaspoonsDried
- Marjoram1 TeaspoonsDried
- SaltTo Taste
- Black PepperTo Taste
- Tart Apples4Peeled and cut into chunks
- Pork Loin Roast6 Pounds
- Red Onion1Chopped
- Brown Sugar3 Tablespoons
- Maple Syrup2/3 Cups
- Apple Juice1 Cups
1) Take a bowl and mix together rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, pepper and marjoram. Mix well.
2) Add the roast to the bowl, toss and coat repeatedly. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator over night.
3) Flame your oven up to the 170 degree Celsius mark.
4) Set up the marinated roast on a baking sheet and bake for 70 minutes in the preheated oven. Reserve any excess fat.
5) Take a bowl and mix together brown sugar, onion and apples. Toss and coat well.
6) Top the roast with the mixture prepared in Step 5. Bake for an additional 60 minutes time.
7) Set up the baked mixture on a serving dish and cover with a plate to prevent from cooling down.
8) Add the reserved meat fat to a skillet over moderate flame.
9) Add syrup and apple juice. Stir well throughout and boil the mixture until just half the juicy content has gone.
10 Top the baked roasts with the mixture prepared in Step 9. Serve instantly!
I made this Herbed Pork and Apples Recipe for a party I hosted 2 years back, and everybody fell in love with it. The cooking styles may vary from chef to chef, some would prefer cooking in a slow cooker, I went with the baking choice. That is totally up to you. Either way, the dish is fabulous!