- Butter7 Tablespoonsunsalted
- Light brown sugar1 Cupspacked
- Honey1/2 Cups2 tbsp. extra
- Almonds1/2 Cupssliced
- Buttermilk1 Cups
- Flour2 Cups
- Baking powder1 Teaspoons
- Baking soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
4) Sprinkle the bottom with quarter a cup of brown sugar.
5) Add 2 tbsp. of honey and sprinkle the almonds over the bottom of the pan.
6) Beat egg well in a large bowl.
7) Add the remaining brown sugar in it and mix well.
8) Add the remaining 4 tbsp. melted butter.
9) Add half a cup of honey and mix it well.
10) Add buttermilk slowly.
11) Mix baking powder, salt, flour, and baking soda in a separate large bowl.
12) Add the flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture in small portions, and mix well after you make each addition. Mix well until the mixture becomes smooth.
13) Transfer the batter into the prepared pans.
14) Bake it for about 55 minutes. Check if a teaser poked in the center of the cake comes out clean.
15) Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
16) Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow it to cool until the topping is set.
Here I have shared one of my favorite cake recipes with you. Yes, it is a creamy and nutty cake recipe that tastes very well. It has sweet whipped cream on every slice. The cake is top notch in taste and due to its healthy ingredients, I simply love to try this during the weekends. If your friends are arriving, you can consider to serve them with this flavorful cake.