- Butter1/2 Poundsunsalted
- Sugar1 1/4 Cups
- Honey2 Tablespoons
- Vanilla extract2 Teaspoons
- Lemon zest1 Teaspoonsgrated
- Cake flour2 Cupssifted
- Kosher Salt1 Teaspoons
- Baking powder1/2 Teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Lightly grease a loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches) from its bottom.
3) Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
4) Now grease and flour the pan.
5) Place butter and sugar in a bowl (of an electric mixer having a paddled attachment).
6) Beat it on medium speed for about 4 minutes until it becomes light.
7) Place eggs, vanilla, honey, and lemon zest. However, make sure that you do not combine the ingredients.
8) Keep the mixer at medium-low speed, and add the egg mixture, one egg after the other.
9) Scrape down the bowl so that each egg becomes fully incorporated before you go ahead to add the next one.
10) Add salt and baking powder to flour.
11) Add the flour mixture slowly to the batter, keeping the mixer on low speed. Mix it until it becomes well combined.
12) Mix the batter using a rubber spatula.
13) Transfer the batter into the prepared pan.
14) Smooth the top of the batter with a rubber spatula.
15) Bake it for about 60 minutes. Make sure a teaser poked in the center of the cake comes out clean.
16) Allow the cake to cool for about 15 minutes.
17) Transfer the cake to a baking rack.
18) Allow the cake to cool completely.
Ice cream and cakes have always been favorites of our children. Not only the kids, but also the adults love to give such wonderful desserts a try after their regular and traditional meals. In an urge to prepare something unique, I came up with this honey cake. It is served with vanilla ice cream, and tastes very well.