- Butternut squash3 Cups
- Sweet Potato1
- Red Onion1
- Olive Oil3 Tablespoonsextra-virgin
- Rosemary2 Teaspoons
- Sea Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1/4 Teaspoons
- Chicken breast halves4skinless, boneless
- Salt1/4 Teaspoons
- Chicken broth1/2 Cupslow-sodium
- Honey2 Tablespoons
- Whole-grain mustard2 Tablespoons
1) Place a baking sheet (11 x 17) in an oven and preheat it to 220 C/ 425 F.
2) Peel off the butternut squash and cut them into cubes.
3) Peel off a couple of carrots and chop them into small pieces.
4) Peel off sweet potato and parsnip and cut them into small pieces.
5) Then put butternut squash in a large bowl and add carrots, red onion, sweet potato, and parsnip in it; do mix well.
6) Add a couple of tbsp of olive along with quarter a teaspoon of pepper, half a teaspoon of salt, and rosemary. Mix well so that the veggies are well coated with the mixture.
7) Now spread this vegetable mixture over the preheated baking sheet in a single layer.
8) Place the baking sheet baking in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
9) Remove the sheet from the oven and mix well; then again roast for another 15 minutes.
10) Place the chicken over a work surface and pound it well with a mallet; make sure the chicken pieces are about ½-inch thick.
11) Add quarter a teaspoon of salt and pepper (according to taste).
12) Pour a tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet and bring it over medium heat; add chicken pieces in the skillet and cook them for about 5 minutes; then turn over the chicken pieces and cook for another 5 minutes; make sure that the chicken pieces are not pink anymore. Transfer the cooked chicken pieces to a bowl.
13) Pour chicken broth in the skillet and let it come to a boil; do scrape the sides of the pan with a wooden spoon so that you scrape off the browned bit from the pan.
14) Add mustard and honey in the skillet and mix well.
15) Then add the chicken breast pieces in the skillet and coat them well with the sauce.
16) Serve honey mustard chicken alongside roasted vegetables.
Chicken goes great in a number of ways and it’s a super idea to served chicken along roasted vegetables. Honey mustard chicken is not only great in taste, but carries a health punch too. Roasted vegetables add a great health texture too. Guess what? The chicken and roasted vegetables give a physically appealing look too. Just spend about an hour in the kitchen with some simple ingredients and get to execute this easy and simple recipe.