- White Rice1 Cups
- Water2 Cups
- Green Beans1 Pounds
- Olive Oil2 Teaspoons
- Chicken Broth3/4 Cups
- Peanut Butter1/3 Cups
- Honey2 Teaspoons
- Soy Sauce1 Tablespoons
- Red Chile Paste1 Teaspoons
- Lemon Juice2 Tablespoons
- Green Onions3Sliced
- Peanuts2 TablespoonsChopped
1) Boil water in a large saucepan. Add rice when the water starts to boil.
2) Leave the rice to boil on low flame. Should take about 20 minutes time. Drain and leave aside once done.
3) In another saucepan, boil water. Top the saucepan with its steamer basket. Place the green beans on the steamer basket and cover. Boil for about 10 minutes. Leave aside once done.
4) Heat up oil in a skillet over moderate flame. Fry the chicken, giving a total of 6 minutes. Keep stirring the chicken to ensure it is cooked well through and through. Set the chicken aside.
5) Take a bowl and mix in soy sauce, chile paste, lemon juice, honey, peanut butter and chicken broth. Mix well.
6) Transfer the mixture from Step 5 to a saucepan. Over moderate flame, heat and stir fry for 4 minutes time.
7) Add in the green beans, followed by the chicken that was fried earlier. Toss and coat thoroughly.
8) Serve over the boiled. Garnish with onions and chopped peanuts.
Indonesian Chicken Recipe is a dish that I have been enjoying since my childhood days. There isnt a person around me who hasnt tasted this dish, because I make it atleast once a week. Goes brilliant with chinese egg fried rice. I just absolutely the peanuts and chicken combination!