- Italian cheese blend1 3/4 Cups
- Garlic1 Cloves
- Basil1 Teaspoons
- Oregano1 Teaspoons
- Parmesan Cheese1/2 Cupsgrated
- Italian-seasoned bread crumbs1/2 Cups
- Chicken breasts4boneless, skinless
- Spaghetti Sauce1 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F.
2) Mix half a cup of Italian cheese blend with oregano, garlic, and basil; mix well.
3) Place Parmesan cheese in another bowl and add bread crumbs in it; mix well.
4) Cut a side of each chicken piece through the center horizontally.
5) Open the sides of the chicken breast and spread them well.
6) Generously pound the chicken pieces with a meat mallet to make it flat.
7) Now stuff each of the chicken breasts with Italian cheese blend mixture.
8) Close the chicken breast piece with a book over the mixture.
9) Now coat the outside portion of the chicken breasts with egg and then add some bread crumbs mixture over it; make sure that the chicken pieces are well coated with the bread crumbs.
10) Then place all the chicken breast pieces over the baking dish (9 x13).
11) Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes so that the juices are quite clear and the chicken is not pink anymore; insert a thermometer in the center of the chicken and make sure it reads 74 C/165 F.
12) Now pour spaghetti sauce over the cooked chicken pieces and add quarter a cup of Italian cheese blender over it.
13) Bake for another 5 minutes so that the cheese gets melted.
14) Serve Italian stuffed chicken breast with a dipping sauce and a salad.
Stuffed chicken recipes often attract me because they not only offer a best comb of health and taste, but also look visually appealing. I got the recipe from one of my friends and fell in love with the taste when I tried it for the very first time. Not only me, but everybody at my home is in love with it. I usually do serve it with Italian bread or any other bread available to me – though I prefer Italian bread. Not only delicious in taste, it suffices the appetite quite well too, as it’s so rich in taste and texture. One of my friends works in a multinational organization and he says that he often enjoys Italian stuffed chicken in the company dinners, as it looks quite elegant when placed on the dining table. You can prepare it in just about an hour.