- Sour Cream1/2 Cups
- Cornstarch1 Tablespoons
- Beef Bouillon1
- Water1.5 Cups
- Mushrooms8 OuncesHalved
- Pork Steaks4
- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Ground Black PepperTo Taste
- All Purpose Flour1 Tablespoons
- Bread Crumbs1 Cups
1) Take a bowl and mix in flour and bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper, mix well.
2) In another bowl, beat egg.
3) Heat up a skillet with oil over high flame.
4) Coat the pork first in egg, then in the bread crumb mixture. Fry for 10 minutes in the warm skillet, giving 5 minutes to either side. Set the fried pork aside.
5) In the same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms. Stir in water and then bouillon cube. Leave to cook for 22 minutes time.
6) Stir in sour cream and cornstarch. Mix readily. Bring the flame down to low and leave to cook just before the boiling point. Your sauce should be ready.
7) Serve the sauce over the fried pork and enjoy!
This Jagerschnitzel Recipe is a real German classic of a dish. I remember being a huge fan of this during my time in Berlin. This incredible dish can be served with almost anything, from rice to baked potatoes and any salad of your choice.