- Hamburger Buns6
- Bread Crumbs2.5 Cups
- White Rice2.25 CupsPre Cooked
- Black Beans2.25 Cups
- Nutmeg3/4 Teaspoons
- Allspice Powder3/4 Teaspoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Ginger1.5 TablespoonsChopped
- Habanero Pepper1Chopped
- Garlic3 ClovesChopped
- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
1) Heat up olive oil in a skillet over moderate flame.
2) Saute garlic and onions until the onions are transparent.
3) Add the habanero pepper and stir fry with the onion and garlic mixture for 2 mintues. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
4) Add in beans, bread crumbs and rice. MIx thoroughly, then add salt, ginger, allspice and nutmeg.
5) Mix readily and then form burger pattie shapes out of the mixture.
6) Heat up some more oil in the same skillet, but this time over high flame.
7) Fry the prepared patties, giving about 6 minutes to either side. Serve with toasted buns and cheese slices!
One of the best things that happened to me while I was in Kingston, was that I tasted these delicious Jamaican Burgers Recipe . One of my personal favorites from the burger list, not only because of the brilliant flavors, but also because it offeres an alternate to the normal chicken and meat stuff. Also, very quick and easy to prepare!