- Bacon6 Slices1 inch Pieces
- Celery1 CupsChopped
- Green Bell Pepper1Chopped
- Ham1/2 PoundsCooked and Cubed
- Boneless Chicken1/2 PoundsCooked and Cubed
- Sausage1/2 PoundsCooked and Cubed
- Canned Tomatoes30 OuncesCrushed
- Beef Broth2 Cups
- Chicken Broth2 Cups
- Thyme1 Teaspoons
- White Rice2 Cups
- Salad Shrimp1/2 Pounds
- Cajun Seasoning2 Teaspoons
1) Heat up a non stick skillet over moderate high flame.
2) Add bacon to the hot skillet and fry until evenly crispy.
3) Set the bacon aside, leaving behind the bacon grease.
4) Add bell pepper, onion and celery to the skillet. Stir fry until soft and tender.
5) Add in the sausage, chicken and ham. Stir in beef and chicken broths, followed by tomatoes.
6) Sprinkle thyme and cajun seasoning. Mix well and bring the mixture to a boil.
7) Add in the rice and bring to a boil once again.
8) Turn the flame down to low and leave to cook for about 20 minutes time or until the rice are well cooked.
9) Add the shrimp and bacon and heat through for a couple of minutes.
One of my most favorite dishes to have when I am super hungry and craving for something amazing, this Jambalaya Recipe. A deliciously cooked mixture of tossed ham, sausage, chicken and shrimp. There are not many better meals out there, trust me, this is simply outstanding! Out of this world flavors.