- Bacon Slices6
- Water1/4 Cups
- White Sugar2 Tablespoons
- Garlic2 TeaspoonsChopped
- Red Pepper Flakes1/4 Teaspoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Caraway Seed3 Teaspoons
- Cabbage1 headSliced
- Kielbasa1 Pounds
1) Heat bacon in a skillet over high heat. When the bottom side is brown, turn and cook the other side until brown.
2) Set the bacon on a plate. Don’t discard the bacon juices left behind in the skillet, let them stand.
3) In the same skillet, with the juices left behind, add sugar, water, garlic, onions, red pepper flakes and caraway seeds. Season with salt.
4) Stir well and add cabbage. Cover the skillet lid and leave to cook for 12 minutes time on moderate flame.
5) Add in the Kielbasa. Cover with the lid yet again, and cook for another 12 minutes time.
6) Transfer to a serving dish and serve with bacon on top.
This Kielbasa and Cabbage Recipe is a amazing classic from the Polish cuisines. It is healthy, light and a super delicious meal to have with your friends. Serve with baked potatoes and toasted bread to add more fun. Ready in just 40 minutes time!