- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Chicken breast halves6skinless, boneless
- Butter1/4 Cups
- Mushrooms3 Cupssliced
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoons
- Chicken Broth1/2 Cupsor as required
- Parsley1 Tablespoonschopped
1) Prepare the oven by flaming it up to 205 C/ 400 F.
2) Put the olive oil in a square glass baking dish (8”).
3) Now place the chicken breast pieces in the baking dish and roll them with olive oil; do make sure that the chicken pieces are well coated with the olive oil.
4) Extract juice from half a lemon and pour it over all the chicken pieces.
5) Cut the other half of the lemon into slices and place a slice each over all the chicken breast pieces.
6) Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes so that the chicken pieces are well baked and the juices are quite clear. Insert an instant thermometer in the center of the chicken and make sure it reads 74 C/165 F.
7) Place butter in a skillet and bring it over medium heat; let the butter melt.
8) Add mushrooms in the skillet and cook them for about 6 minutes so that the mushrooms are quite brown.
9) Spread some flour over the mushrooms and mix well so that they are well coated with the flour.
10) Add chicken broth in the skillet and stir well so that the sauce becomes thick; cook well so that the sauce is reduced – do add more chicken broth if required.
11) Now add fresh parsley and apply the sauce evenly over all the chicken breast pieces.
12) Serve lemon chicken with mushroom sauce alongside rice and a fresh veggie salad.
Another quick chicken recipe, lemon chicken is certainly a treat to the taste buds. Not only it is delicious in taste, but carries a perfect health punch too. I have been trying the recipe for the last year or so; every time I make it, it becomes a hit. Lemon, butter, mushrooms, and chicken broth not only make it taste delicious, but also add the perfect health punch to it. Do serve the chicken along rice and salad, and get to enjoy a perfect meal – just takes about an hour to get ready.