- Sifted Cake Flour2 1/2 Cups
- Milk1 1/8 Cups
- White Sugar1 3/4 Cups
- Butter1/2 Cups
- Baking Powder2 1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Lemon Zest1 Tablespoons
- Egg Yolks6
1) Preheat the oven up to 175 Degrees C (350 Degrees F) for baking and with parchment paper, line two pans of 9 inches.
2) Combine salt, sifted cake flour and baking soda three times after measuring in equal portions.
3) In a medium bowl, cream together lemon zest and butter and add white sugar gradually until it becomes fluffy.
4) Add egg yolks one by one then stir in dry ingredients and milk in creamy mixture. Beat until mixture becomes smooth.
5) Bake the batter in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes and on wire racks let the cake cool completely. Frost with lemon glaze or lemon creamy cheese before serving.
Mostly butter cakes have the tendency to be dry with time but Lemon Gold Cake isn't one of them. It has a great delicious and moist texture along with lemon taste. It provides a great flavor with lemon glaze. Use strawberries with lemon glaze to increase the flavor of lemon cake.