- Butter3/4 Cups
- Sugar1 Cups
- Self rising flour1 3/4 Cups
- Lemon juice2 Teaspoonsbottled; half cup for lemon syrup
- Vanilla1 Teaspoons
- Sugar1/2 Cups
- Confectioners' Sugar1 1/2 Cups
- Milk4 - 5 Tablespoons
- Flavoring1 Teaspoonsbutter or vanilla
1) Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3) Mix butter with sugar in a bowl using an electric beater, until it becomes well- mixed and looks fluffy.
4) Add flour, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the bowl and beat it well until it becomes well incorporated. Make sure it resembles cookie dough.
5) Pour the batter into greased pans and bake it for about 30 minutes. Make sure that the edges become light golden in color.
6) Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside to cool. Meanwhile, you need to prepare the lemon syrup.
7) Mix lemon juice with sugar.
8) Beat it will so that sugar gets fully dissolved in the lemon juice.
9) If needed, heat the mixture in a microwave oven for about half a minute, in order to facilitate the mixing process.
10) Make holes all the over the cake (may be using a tooth pick) and pour the lemon juice over it evenly.
11) Allow the cake to cool completely.
12) Put confectioners’ sugar, butter, and milk in a bowl and beat it until it becomes smooth.
13) Once ready, pour it over the cake and let it be hard.
14) Once the glaze becomes hard, use a foil to cover the cake.
15) Let the cake to absorb all the lemon juice for a couple of hours at room temperature.
Have you ever thought that lemon juice cake can also be prepared? If the answer is No, then today’s recipe is going to give you a superb idea how you can awesomely prepare a dessert at home with so much lemon juice and enough heavy cream. This is a special recipe of my mom and I would love to share with you. Hopefully you would love it.