- All Purpose Flour4 Cups
- Lemon Pepper2 Tablespoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Cayenne Pepper1/2 Teaspoons
- Thyme1/2 Teaspoons
- Lemon Zest1/4 CupsGrated
- Onion Powder1 Teaspoons
- Olive Oil1/2 Cups
- Lemon Juice1/2 Cups
- Rainbow Trout Fillets4 of 6 ounce each
Steps to make Lemon Trout Recipe:
1) Take a bowl and mix together salt, lemon pepper, flour, cayenne pepper, thyme and lemon zest.
Note: Use only half of the lemon zest amount for the first step.
2) In another bowl mix together the other half of the lemon zest and lemon juice.
3) Dip the fish fillets in the lemon juice mixture for a minute.
4) Heat up oil in a skillet over moderate flame.
5) Coat the fillets with the flour mixture, until either side is coated well.
6) Add the coated fillets to the hot oil and fry for 4 minutes on either side.
7) Garnish with Lemon wedges and serve!
This Lemon Trout Recipe is a wonderfully tasty fish meal to have. Delicious batter which is simple yet amazing. The lemon pepper and cayenne pepper make a deadly combination! I love this, and so does my wife! Cooking time is hardly half an hour, which makes it a must try fish recipe!