- Lentils1/2 Cups
- Water1 Cups
- Salmon Fillet1
- Red Onion1/4
- Mozzarella balls5
- Cucumber1/4 Cupsdiced
- Balsamic Vinegar2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Garlic1 Cloves
- Mustard1 Teaspoons
- Salt and Pepperto taste
1) Place the lentils in a small pot and add enough water in it so that lentils are well immersed in the water.
2) Put the pot over heat and cook for about 15 minutes so that the lentils are well cooked. Set the pot aside and let the lentils cool down.
3) Place an oven rack in the oven; make sure it is 6-inches away from the heat source.
4) Preheat the oven’s broiler.
5) Place the salmon fillet over the oven rack and broil for about 7 minutes; then turn over the fish and broil for another 7 minutes; make sure the fish can be flaked easily with a fork.
6) Chop the broiled fish into fine pieces and let it cool down.
7) Place the lentils in a bowl and add chopped salmon, cucumber, red onion, and mozzarella balls in it; mix well.
8) Place mustard in a separate bowl and add olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and balsamic vinegar in it; mix well.
9) Then spread this olive oil mixture over the salmon mixture and mix generously; so that the salmon mixture is well coated with the dressing.
10) Serve the lentil salmon salad as a perfect appetizer or a great dinner.
The idea of adding lentils in a salad didn’t appeal me a lot; and I thought it to be quite weird. But once I tasted it, I fell in love with the taste. Most people love to enjoy it chilled but it also goes great if served hot. Garlic, lentils, red onion, mustard, and cucumber give it the just perfect taste. The great thing is that you can come up with this delicious salad in just about half an hour.