- Potatoes2 PoundsPeeled and Cubed
- Green Beans2 PoundsFresh
- Bacon1 PoundsSliced
- Balsamic Vinegar2 Cups
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
1) Bring water in a stock pot to a boil over moderate flame.
2) Boil the potatoes in the boiling water for about 10 minutes time. Drain and set aside.
3) Bring water in a separate stock pot to a boil. Boil the green beans over moderate flame for about 5 mintues. Drain and set aside.
4) Heat up a skillet over moderate flame. Fry the bacon until crispy. Set aside leaving behind the grease.
5) Stir fry the onions in the bacon grease until soft and evenly brown. Set aside.
6) In the same skillet, pour in balsamic vinegar and stir hard to mix the bacon grease.
7) Toss the fried onions, boiled potatoes and green beans and fried bacon in a large salad bowl.
8) Add the hot balsamic vinegar mixture to the salad bowl and toss to coat thoroughly.
9) Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
This is a wonderfully healthy salad to have. Liege Style Salad Recipe is very typical to the Liege region from Belgium. Although the fresh version of the salad tastes better and is better overall, but you may use canned beans or pre cooked bacon. Highly versatile and can be served both hot and cold.