- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- Red Pepper Flakes1 Teaspoons
- Sweet Onion1
- Ginger Root14 inch piece fresh; peeled and minced
- Yellow Bell Pepper1diced
- Brown Sugar1/2 Cups
- Curry Powder1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Apple Cider Vinegar1/2 Cups
1) Pour vegetable oil in a saucepan and bring the pan over medium heat. Let the oil get hot.
2) Add red pepper flakes in the oil and cook them until you see them sizzling.
3) Add minced onion in the oil and mix well.
4) Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
5) Cook the mixture for about 20 minutes so that the onions become soft. Do stir the mixture occasionally.
6) Remove the cover from the pan and then increase the heat to medium.
7) Add yellow bell pepper and ginger and mix well.
8) Cook the mixture for about 3 minutes and mix well so that the ginger releases its aroma.
9) Add vinegar and brown sugar in the pan and give it another mix.
10) Peel off the mangoes, remove the seeds, and chop all the mangoes into bite sized pieces.
11) Peel off a small pineapple and cut it into small cubes.
12) Now add the fruit chunks in the pan along with curry powder and give it a stir.
13) Allow the mixture to cook for another half an hour and stir it well. Let it boil for a while.
14) Let the dip cool down completely.
15) Serve the mango pineapple dip with any of your favorite grilled food or store it in a refrigerator, placed in air-tight containers.
If you are one of those who have visited the Indian sub continent, you must know that sub continent is great when it comes to dips and spices. Another one from the lot, mango pineapple dip is a delicious combination of the sweetness of mango and the tangy texture of pineapple (pardon me if you think pineapple isn’t that tangy). Red pepper, ginger, and onion give it the just perfect taste. It takes a bit of time to make the dip ready but the effort is worth the taste, I assure that. Serve the delicious dip with grilled chicken or fish.