- Red Bell Peppers2
- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Garlic3 ClovesMinced
- Mayonnaise4 Tablespoons
- Focaccia Bread1 Pounds
1) Prepare the baking oven. Flame it up to the 195 degree Celsius mark.
2) Toss egg plant and red bell peppers together in a bowl. Add some olive oil and coat throughout.
3) Set up the coated eggplant and bell papers on a baking sheet. Bake for 22-25 minutes time in the preheated oven. Set aside once done.
4) Heat up oil in a skillet over moderate flame. Add mushrooms and stir fry for a couple minutes or until soft.
5) Slice up focaccia bread in half.
6) Mix garlic and mayonnaise together spread on the focaccia bread halves.
7) Now for the baked eggplant and peppers, set up the eggplants on the focaccia bread slices.
8) Peel the baked red bell peppers and slice them up. Top on the eggplant layer.
9) Top the red bell pepper layer with the fried mushrooms.
10) Wrap the sanwich in plastic and press it from the top using a sheet. Serve fresh or after a few hours.
This Mediterranean Vegetable Sandwich Recipe is an absolute vegetarian delight to have. The combination of roasted vegetables is one to die for. A perfect sandwich meal to serve at picnics or house parties. Once you make it and then taste it, you would realize the effort to make this sandwich was really worth it!